Thank you so much + 2016 Key Learnings.
As 2016 comes to an end, I can't help but look back and really feel extremely grateful for how far my blog has come and to all of you for following me along the way. When I began my blog journey last year, it was a leap of faith and something that I set out to do at the beginning of the year. For those that don't know, my blog was originally linked to my online boutique page, but as time went on, I realized that my boutique was not something that I wanted to continue to pursue. In March of 2016, I deleted the website that I had created for my boutique and established this blog page. I changed my blog name and completely rebranded myself. I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in what I had to say, and in all honesty, the pull inside of me to "just do it" outweighed any ounce of fear or uncertainty that I felt.
Words can't describe how humbling this blog journey has been. I've learned so much about myself, and have been reconnected to my "why" more than once in my pursuit of creating content that would be appealing to my audience. And the mere thought of what I have in store for 2017 makes me feel so excited.
To every reader, subscriber, friend and family member ... THANK YOU so much for your support. I do this because I love it and to feel whole and complete in a business that I own and operate daily (with the help of my amazing husband) is the best feeling. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
I am so excited for what 2017 has in store. There will be lots of updates happening to the blog, one of the most noticeable additions that I made yesterday is the "Socialize" page that I added to keep you all up to date on events and happenings in the city (and beyond). I am constantly receiving event dates and information, and even though I can't attend them all, I thought it would be nice to share some of them with you!
I've also planned out my editorial calendar through June 2017, which is extremely exciting! I think you'll enjoy what I've got up my sleeve! :) In the meantime, here are my top five key learnings from 2016:
1. Do what you love. Life is too short. Focus on creating a life you love.
2. What they think means absolutely nothing. Stay focused on your goals!
3. Dream big. And I mean really big. And don't you dare let the naysayers steer you off course. Everybody won't make it on your journey.
4. Take care of yourself. Your body is a temple ... I think I ate at Chick-Fil-A one too many times this past year. I'm not trying to lose weight or anything, but I absolutely see the value in taking care of the one body the good Lord gave me.
5. Make time for what matters most. Put your phone down. Reconnect. Live out loud. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, therefore, be there for the ones you love.
What are some of your key learnings from 2016? Thank you again so much for all of your support. I appreciate you so much. Happy New Year! Be safe out there tonight!
Cheers to 2017!