How To Remix Your Wardrobe
I love a good remix, sometimes that involves music, but usually it's all about fashion. If you recall, I shared this top in a previous post but I wanted to mix it up a bit and show you how you can pull pieces from your closet to create something new.
I do a lot of shopping, but of course can't afford to be doing it ALL the time, so re-wearing pieces in new ways is essential. Today on the blog, I'm sharing how to remix your wardrobe without spending a dime and the core pieces every woman should have in her closet to make this happen.
1. White Blouse
2. Great Denim
4. Every Day Heels
5. Sweaters/Layering Pieces
7. Casual Shoes/Stylish Tennis Shoes
9. Knee-Length Skirt
10. Classic Leather Belt
11. Leather Jacket (Faux)
14. Investment Sunglasses
15. Button-Up Blouse
I add WOW pieces to my wardrobe when I can, but having a strong list of core pieces helps to make sure that every time I go shopping, I don't have to buy an entire outfit, because I can pull from my closet too! I should also note, that adding to your core pieces is important too. I have had these green trousers for over a year and bought them on major sale, but I also have a rainbow of trousers that I've collected over the years ... among other things!
So how do you mix up your wardrobe without spending a dime? Well, once you have a few of your core pieces, try these 5 tips:
How To Remix Your Wardrobe:
1. Mix and match - Casual tops + dressy bottoms, dressy tops + jeans, etc. It's okay to not follow rules! I threw my fashion rule book in the trash years ago and just wear what I love.
2. Wear it again (and again, and again) ... I use Pinterest a lot for outfit inspiration and different ways to wear things. Rarely will I wear the same piece the SAME way!
3. Find a trendy friend that's the same size as you and SHARE! I mean, does it get any better than being able to pull from multiple closets?
4. Pull out the scissors or the sewing machine! I'm not a master with the sewing machine, but I'm pretty good with scissors. This option requires some practice and skill, but I can't tell you how many times I've turned a dress into a top or changed a top with my handy dandy scissors!
5. Make-Up and Accessories - It's amazing how quickly an outfit can change based on what type of glam that you do for the day. I rotate between a bold lip and a neutral toned lip often, and it changes the entire vibe of my wardrobe.
What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments below or via email! Thanks so much for reading.
XO - Steph